Telebyte Communications Inc. (“Telebyte”) is committed to protecting the personal information of its customers and their end users. This document sets out the terms on which Telebyte Communications Inc. collects, stores and handles personal information and other data of customers who have entered into a Services Agreement with Telebyte Communications Inc. (each a “Customer”) for the receipt of business communications services and related products or services of Telebyte Communications Inc. (the “Services”).
- Data collection. Customer is responsible for ensuring that any information that identifies a living individual (“Customer Personal Information”) is provided to Telebyte Communications Inc. and its subcontractors in compliance with all applicable privacy laws. Customer represents and warrants that Telebyte Communications Inc.’s and its subcontractors’ use of any Customer Personal Information to provide the Services will not breach any applicable privacy law, anti-spam law or other third-party rights.
- Data ownership. As between Telebyte Communications Inc. and Customer, Customer owns Customer Personal Information. For the avoidance of doubt, any non-personally identifying information and/or any non-Customer-identifying information (including aggregated data and statistics) derived from Customer Data and/or arising from use or provision of the Services will not constitute Customer Data and Telebyte will be free to use such information for any purpose.
- Data handling. Telebyte Communications Inc. will:
- not use Customer Personal Information other than as required to provide the Services (unless otherwise agreed with Customer);
- implement appropriate organizational and technical safeguards to minimize the risk of Customer Personal Information being lost, stolen or disclosed without authorization;
- not sell the Customer Personal Information or share it with third parties (excluding Telebyte’s subcontractors and agents who require such access in order to provide the Services) without Customer’s prior written approval;
- provide a means for Customer to update, correct or delete Customer Personal Information;
- refer any request received from an end user to have access to that user’s personal information to the Customer for further action;
- provide reasonable assistance to Customer in relation to any requests or instructions issued by any privacy or data protection authority and any other governmental or regulatory authority applicable to the Customer or Customer Personal Information;
- provide reasonable assistance to the Customer in responding to and addressing any complaint relating to the Handling of Customer Personal Information in the course of Telebyte Communications Inc.’s performance of the Services and
- notify Customer if Telebyte Communications Inc. becomes aware of any breach of security which results in unauthorized access to, disclosure or loss of Customer Personal Information.
- Contact information. Any questions or concerns about Telebyte Communications Inc.’s privacy practices should be directed to the Telebyte privacy office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to Telebyte Communications Inc. at: 800-565-1849.